Font size: S - M - L - XL
Prague tram transport
During the night (from midnight until the 4,30 a.m.) there are transferring tram lines from 51 to 59. Each stop has its schedule.
Connection to metro
The tram stop which is marked with the sign =M= means that there is the possibility to get out and continue with the metro.
The intervals are variable from 2 minutes to 20 minutes, depending on the location, peak hours or weekend.
Prague tram schedule – enter the tram line no. & click „search“ to see the timetable.
Passengers are obliged to buy and validate a ticket before entering the tram. The tickets can be bought in the automatic machines or in any tobacco store. You can also buy tickets by SMS. There are uniformed ticket inspectors who have the right to check the validity of the ticket at any time inside the tram.
Prague trams – links
Prague – Map of tram and metro lines (PDF file, 80kB)
Prague – Map of night tram and bus lines (PDF file, 100kB)
Bob Hunt - tnuhr(at)hotmail.com - 2009-03-28
Please tell me how to take tram or trams and/or metro from 1)Spojovaci to Malostranska and then 2)from there to the Jewish Cemetery in Josevof, the Jewish Quarter and then 3)from there back to Spojovaci. I have the map but do not see where to change. I would rather ride the trams even if slower. Thank you Bob Hunt USA
Pavel Hajek - info(at)czech-transport.com - 2009-03-29
- To go from Spojovaci to Malostranska, take the tram number 1 (26 minutes)
- From Malostranska to Staromestska (there is Jewish Quarter nearby) take tram 18 (only 1 stop) or metro A (1 station)
- From Staromestska to Spojovaci: take first the tram number 17 to Strossmayerovo náměstí and there change to number 1.
Brian - brian.vanwey(at)gmail.com - 2009-06-18
Do I need to pay extra for traveling with a large bag on the trams.
Pavel Hajek - info(at)czech-transport.com - 2009-06-19
You should pay for a luggage bigger than 25×45×70cm (or weighting more than 50kg). The tariff is 13 CZK. But in reality I have never seen an inspector checking the luggage dimensions :).
- public transport on tram from prague airport to victoria hotel by: valerie
- Query about tram by: Bushair Ahmed
- Stromovka Park by: Jennifer
- JM by: Spanelsko
- Dejvicka to Podbaba by: Spanelsko
- Lost items by: Christian Loohagen
- Senior citizen by: Sture
- From hotel President to Bila Hora by: Alice
- QUESTION by: Nuria Mengual
- Tram to hotel vitkov by: Andrew Rathbone
- Petrin Gardens by: Christiaan Lucas
- Transport from Hotel Aron by: Neil Harrison
- no. 10 & 16 tram disruption by: Paul
- Tram route please by: alex
- convent of st agnes by: gemma baker
Last update: 2012-11-22