Font size: S - M - L - XL
Prague bus transport
Prague bus information
The buses from no. 100 to no. 291 operate all around the city during the day. Each stop has its schedule written on the board.
Also there are bus lines that operate after midnight, when the metro and trams are not in service. The bus lines from 501 to 513 work all night from the midnight (12.00) till the 4,30 a.m. in the morning.
Connection to metro
The bus stop marked with the sign =M= indicates that you can get out of the bus and continue with the metro.
The intervals are variable from 2 minutes to 20 minutes, depending on the location, peak hours or weekend.
Prague bus schedule – enter bus number and click „search“ to see the timetable.
Prague bus tickets
Passengers are obliged to buy and validate a ticket before entering the bus. They can be bought in the automatic machines or in any tobacco store. You can also buy tickets by SMS. There are uniformed inspectors who have the right to check the validity of the ticket at any time inside the bus.
How to get from Prague airport in a bus
Take the bus number 119 and go to the metro station Dejvicka (20 minutes). There transfer on to the Green Line (Line A). Alternatively, you can continue from the Dejvická station with the tram no. 18, 20 or 26 to the city center.
Public transport maps / plans
Plan of Airport public transport – day: (GIF
image, 100kB – PDF
Plan of Airport public transport – night: (GIF image, 300kB – PDF file, 1700kB)
Map of night tram and bus lines: (GIF image, 660kB – PDF file, 300kB)
Prague buses – related topics
Ross Cherrington - ross(at)wrt.org.uk - 2009-05-15
What bus do I catch and to where to transfer to a bus to ceske budejovice
Pavel Hajek - info(at)czech-transport.com - 2009-05-16
There are 2 bus terminals in Prague where you can catch a bus to CB. There are Praha Na Knížecí (lies on metro B – Anděl) and Praha Roztyly (lies on metro C – Roztyly). As for the schedules, you can see the idos.cz.
kyamil - kyamil_rashid(at)yahoo.com - 2009-06-06
How to get to poliklinika Barrandov from Skalka?
Admin - info(at)czech-transport.com - 2009-06-13
- From Skalka take a metro (line A – green) to station Můstek.
- In Můstek switch to metro line B (yellow) and go to Smíchovské nádraží.
- Get out and take the tram 12, 14 or 20 to the stop Poliklinika Barrandov.
- How to reach Na knizeci bus station from the airport? by: Biji G D
- How to reach Na knizeci bus station from the airport? by: Ivana Novotna
- how to get to carlovy vary from prague airport by: hilary moss
- how to get to carlovy vary from prague airport by: Ivana Novotna
- Prague to Brno: plane, bus by: brittany
- bus by: Pavel
- Buses by: Marita Antblad
- individual transfer from praha to dresden by: ronny tuerk
- bus service to Teresenstat by: Eve
- bus station in Prague for bus service to Karlovy Vary and Český Krumlov by: Joanne
- I would like to go to kromeriz by: Sueldo Francisco
- which stop from airport for republic square by: jake
- TRANSFER FROM AIRPORT TO JARABECK HOTEL by: Marco Ferrio
Last update: 2009-09-06