Font size: S - M - L - XL
International Airport Prague – Ruzyně
The Prague airport is located about 20 km north of the Prague center and it is a hub for Czech Airlines. The airport was opened in 1937. Ruzyně airport (PRG) in Prague is the biggest airport in the Czech Republic.
Most flights take off Ruzyně International Airport from the North Terminals (North 1 and North 2 – in Czech: Sever 1, Sever 2). The South Terminals (South 1 and South 2) handle a few irregular flights, as well as VIP flights, special flights and small aircrafts.
There is no direct metro connection to the Prague airport.
To go to the Prague city center, take bus no. 119 (in front of the terminal) to Dejvická metro station (Green Line A) or the number 100 to Zličín (line B – yellow) – farther from the city center, and continue the journey by underground to the city center.
- The journey takes 45–60 minutes, fare is CZK 26 (approx. 1 EURO).
- To go from Prague airport to Prague main railway station you can use the AE – Airport Express bus line.
- The bus number 179 can be used for a longer journey from Prague airport to the Prague Metro station Nové Butovice (yellow Line B).
Prague transport schedules – enter bus/tram number and click „search“
Night bus from Prague airport
To get from the Prague airport at night you have to use the bus number 510. This line leaves every hour. If you need to go to the city center, get off the bus at the stop called Divoká Šárka (11th stop) and change to the night tram number 51. This tram passes through Dejvicka metro station and continues to the city center.
Prague airport – links
Plan of Prague Airport public transport – day (GIF image, 100kB)
Plan of Prague Airport public transport – day (PDF file, 160kB)
Plan of Prague Airport public transport – night (GIF image, 300kB)
Plan of Prague Airport public transport – night (PDF file, 1700kB)
- bus from train station Holesovice to airport by: sankar
- bus from train station Holesovice to airport by: Ivana Novotna
- from Pague Airport by: keith
- praga vienna dall'aeroporto by: francesca
- From Prague airport by: Sara
- LOST FLIGHT DETAILS by: MICHAEL ELLIOT
Last update: 2012-09-18